ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT MANAGEMENT VACANCY
POSITION: ASSISTANT ATHLETIC TRAINER
FILING DATE: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
FIRST REVIEW: APRIL 6, 2016
SALARY: $3,882 TO $4,500 PER MONTH
$47,976 TO $55,620 PER YEAR
JOB NUMBER: 2015-16-22
Under the general direction of the Athletic Director/Dean of Kinesiology, Health, and Athletics and reporting directly to the Athletic Trainer, the Assistant Athletic Trainer assists with the supervision and coordination of the colleges overall sports medicine program. This includes, but is not limited to: injury prevention, evaluation, management, and treatment of athletic injuries, baseline and follow up concussion testing, shot-term and long-term rehabilitation of athletic injuries, education and counseling of patients, and athletics elated health care administration in consultation with and under the supervision of the Athletic Trainer, Team Physician(s), and other qualified medical personnel.
Evaluate injured patients; administer first aid, emergency medical care, and rehabilitation plans for injured patients
Provide appropriate care and treatment of acute and chronic injuries
Assist in decisions involving care and treatment of acute injuries.
Maintain confidential patient records regarding injuries and accidents occurring during sports, drug testing, and relevant medical information.
Maintain insurance records for patients, contact physician’s as necessary, insurance companies as necessary, serve as key contact for athletic insurance and process claims.
Communicate effectively with athletic trainer and other staff and faculty on campus as well as with patients, coaches, physicians, physical therapists, and any member of the sports medicine network.
Assist in gathering existing insurance coverage information on student athletes.
Assist in budget development, inventory of current supplies, and ordering of needed supplies.
Sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
Additional duties as assigned.
Knowledge and understanding of therapeutic modalities including, but not limited to: ultrasound, electrical stimulation, heating modalities, and cooling modalities.
Knowledge of preventative taping and bracing.
Knowledge and firm understanding of the healing process of the human body and how to incorporate rehabilitation program without compromising that process.
Knowledge of manual therapy paradigms (joint mobilization, soft tissue mobilization, etc )
Knowledge of advanced screening paradigms.
COLLEGE OF THE SISKIYOUS – HUMAN RESOURCES
800 COLLEGE AVENUE – WEED, CALIFORNIA 96094
TELEPHONE NO. (530) 938-5317
FAX NO. (530) 938-5380
Ability to work with and without supervision; demonstrate an understanding, patient and receptive attitude toward patients.
Ability to communicate effectively in written and oral form using appropriate and correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
Ability to handle emergency situations.
Ability to use electronic medical record system (Athletic Trainer System, SportsWare, etc) or be receptive to instruction in how to use electronic medical record systems.
Ability to meet requirements associated with tasks.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the performance of required duties.
Indoor and outdoor work environment with exposure to weather extremes.
Light to heavy physical effort; frequent standing or walking; periodic handing of light to heavy weight parcels or supplies up to 100 lbs.
Moderate to High stress level.
1. Bachelor’s Degree with course work in athletic training
2. National Certification as an Athletic Trainer
3. First Aid, CPR, & AED certified
1. Master’s Degree in Athletic Training, Physical Education, Health, Kinesiology, or a related field.
2. Two years of experience related to duties and responsibilities of this classification.
Assignment and Salary
The starting salary for this 40-hour per week, 10-month per year position is $3,882 per month. This is a 6 step classification with a salary range of $3,882 to $4,500 per month.
The District offers an outstanding benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage to employees and qualified dependents. A brief description of current benefit offerings is as follows:
• Medical/Prescription: Employees may select from six medical plan offerings to best meet the needs of their family. All medical plans are Blue Shield PPO Plans. Prescription coverage is provided by CVS/Caremark. The medical plan options range from a 90/10 plan with $100 deductible, to a high $1,250 deductible with 80% coinsurance after the deductible is met.
• Dental: Dental coverage provided through Delta Dental with up to a $2,000 annual maximum and a $50 deductible for non-preventative services.
• Vision: Vision coverage is provided by Vision Services Providers and provides for an annual exam with a $10 co-pay, and lenses and frames or contact lenses up to specified limits.
• District/Employee Contributions: There is a four tier cap for employee benefits: $9,117 for employee only, $13,509 for employee + children, $14,757 for employee + spouse, and $21,573 for employee + family. Some plans require a monthly employee cost share.
In addition, the District provides vacation, sick leave and paid holidays. The employee participates in the Public Employee Retirement System through District and employee contributions.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. The first review will begin on April 6, 2016 at 1:00pm. For an applicant to be considered during the first review, the Human Resources Office must receive all required documents. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that all requested materials are received. Materials submitted in addition to those listed below will not be considered in the screening process. All documents included
in the application file become property of the College and will not be returned. Only completed application packets will be forwarded to the search committee. All inquiries and applications will be held in the strictest confidence.
To be considered a candidate for this position, the applicant must submit the following materials:
• A COS application cover sheet which can be found at
• A letter of application addressing the requirements and qualifications listed in this announcement. The letter should be five typed pages or less.
• A current resume, including educational background, professional experience, achievements and professional activities.
• Transcripts of college work. Foreign transcripts must include a U.S. evaluation and translation at the time of application. Copies are acceptable for application. Official transcripts will be required from the successful candidate.
• A list of four professional references, which include the reference’s title and current contact information.
Application materials can be submitted via email, US Mail, fax or hand delivered to the HR Department.
Information about this position may be requested by writing, calling or emailing:
Human Resources College of the Siskiyous 800 College Avenue
Weed, CA 96094
After the preliminary screening, selected candidates will be invited to the campus for an initial interview with the Search Committee. At the discretion of the District, videoconference interviews (in lieu of an in-person initial interview) may be offered. Candidates to be interviewed will be selected from applicants who most closely meet the minimum and desired qualifications. Meeting the minimum qualifications does not guarantee an interview. The Search Committee will recommend a slate of finalists to the Superintendent/President for a final interview.
The District reserves the right to re-advertise the position or to delay indefinitely filling of the position if it is deemed that applicants for the position do not constitute an adequate applicant pool or if funding is not available.
Conditions of Employment
Employees must satisfy all the pre-employment requirements prior to appointment that include, but are not limited to, tuberculosis clearance (EC 87408.6), fingerprint processing, and verification of their legal right to work in the United States. A pre-employment physical examination may be required.
Applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in completing the application or interview process must notify the Human Resources Office in advance.
College of the Siskiyous is an equal opportunity employer. The policy of the District is to encourage applications from ethnic and racial minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and Vietnam-era veterans. No person shall be denied employment because of ethnicity or race, color, sex or gender, gender identity, age, religion, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, medical conditions, status as a Vietnam-era veteran, ancestry, or political or organizational affiliation.
College of the Siskiyous is accredited by the Accrediting commission for Community and Junior Colleges of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
- De Anza College is Hiring a Full-Time Athletic Trainer
- Mendocino College is Hiring a Full-time Athletic Trainer
- Chaffey College is Looking to Hire 2 Full-time and 2 part-time AT Positions
- San Bernardino Valley College Hiring Full Time Athletic Trainer
- Imperial Valley College is Hiring a Full-Time Athletic Trainer
Send in your group shotsWe would like to start building an archive of pictures from community college programs. You can e-mail them to PICTURES and please include a description.