College Trainer (Athletic Trainer) – Clovis Community College
- $53,015.00 Annually $53,015.00 Annually
- Districtwide, CA Districtwide, CA
- Job Type
- DO Personnel Commission
- Job Number
- 10/7/2016 4:30 PM Pacific
- Under direction performs and administers physical therapy treatment as prescribed by a physician.
- Examples of Duties/ Essential Job Functions
- Performs needed preventative and rehabilitative physical therapy activities for injuries incurred by student athletes, consults and coordinates with team physicians in determining athletes physical ability to compete, maintains detailed records of injuries and therapy, coordinates athletic insurance for all sports and assists in other areas of the school athletic program as needed.
- Employment Standards/ Minimum Qualifications
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in kinesiology, physical education, physical therapy, or occupational therapy AND a certificate in Athletic Training from National Athletic Trainers’ Association –Board of Certification.
Experience: Experience as a trainer in a high school, college or university environment involving major competitive sports, i.e. football, basketball, baseball, and track.Knowledge and Abilities: Knowledge of sports injury prevention, principles and practices of sports medicine and first aid, cardiopulmonary resuscitation, operation of therapeutic devices, taping and strapping techniques, conditioning rehabilitation procedures, protective equipment, elements of health education, anatomy and physiology, sports injury record keeping, and the privacy laws. Skill to administer care for fractures, dislocations, sprains, strains, concussion, contusions, cuts, and abrasions, operate therapeutic devices, aid the team physician in physical examinations and reconditioning programs, conduct an effective training program. Ability to receive and follow instructions and appropriately interact with students, staff, faculty and the public. Ability to learn and apply college and district policies and procedures.
- Examination Process
- The examination process will include screening to ensure applications are complete and meet all minimum qualifications. The application requires the completion of Supplemental Questions to evaluate your education, training and experience relative to the required knowledge, skills and abilities for the position. Answers should be as complete as possible, as no additional information will be accepted from applicants once the application has been submitted. Responses to the supplemental questions will be reviewed and scored in a Competitive Rating evaluation process based on pre-determined rating criteria (pass/fail). The examination process will also include a competency test (40% weight) and an oral interview examination (60% weight).
Those achieving a passing score on the Education, Training & Experience Supplemental Questions Competitive Rating will be invited to the competency exam. Of those achieving a passing score on the competency exam, only the 15 highest scoring candidates, plus ties, will be invited to the oral appraisal board interview. Passing score is 75% out of 100% on each testing section.TESTING TENTATIVELY SCHEDULED FOR WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 19, 2016To move forward in the selection process, you must complete an online application through this web site. Please attach to your application a copy of your degree or transcripts (including when degree was awarded) or your application may be considered incomplete. Resumes may also be uploaded but cannot be used in lieu of a completed application.The district-wide eligibility list will be used to fill full-time positions in this classification.The current vacancy is at Clovis Community College
Send in your group shotsWe would like to start building an archive of pictures from community college programs. You can e-mail them to PICTURES and please include a description.