Emergency Injury Care
In-service and Practice Session
What: Group training session with members of the Santa Clara County Fire Department. A great chance to practice your skills and communicate with local emergency personnel on protocols.
• Will include presentation on emergency care for equipment-laden athletes in multiple sports (football, softball, baseball)
• Additional practice and discussion regarding management of heat stroke
Who: All interested Athletic Trainers (Certified or Student)
CEUs: 3 CEUs available through California Community College Athletic Trainers Association.
FREE for CCCATA Members
$25 for all others (Fee includes 1 year CCCATA Membership)
When: Thursday, August 8th, 2019. 1:00 PM
Where: Foothill College Athletic Training Room (Bldg. 2800)
Park in lot 2A (bring $3 for parking)
What to Bring:
• Emergency Equipment / Facemask Removal Tool you use
(FM Extractor, Trainer’s Angel, Screwdriver, etc)
• Extra FB, SB, Baseball equipment to practice on
• Heat Stroke Emergency Care Equipment
o Cold tub and digital thermometer with rectal probe will be available
CCCATA Coast Conference Meeting to Follow
For any questions, please contact the
Foothill College Sports Medicine Department
Send in your group shotsWe would like to start building an archive of pictures from community college programs. You can e-mail them to PICTURES and please include a description.